Hard Boiled EggsWhat to do:
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan.
- Cover with at least one inch of cold water over tops of shells.
- Cover pot with lid and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- As soon as the water comes to a full boil, remove from heat and let stand.
- Large hard-cooked eggs: let stand in hot water 15 to 17 minutes. (Can let sit for even 20 minutes)
- When cooked to desired level, drain off hot water.
- Immediately cover with cold water and add a few ice cubes.
- Let stand in cold water until completely cooled. Use as needed. Keep in refrigerator.
- Never boil eggs. It makes them rubbery.
- Use older eggs. Fresh ones won’t peel properly.
- To keep eggs from cracking while cooking (before placing in water), pierce large end with a needle, which will also make them easier to peel.
cheese if desired (my favorite is mozzarella)
chives or green onion chooped (optional)
Crack eggs into a medium sized bowl. Add salt and pepper (I prefer fresh ground sea salt and tellicherry pepper). Whisk until uniform and smooth. Add in cheese and onion if using. Stir.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add about 1/2 Tlb. butter and coat bottom of pan. Pour in eggs. Gently push eggs around with a pancake turner making sure to scrape the bottom and sides of pan. Cook until eggs are solid. Remove from heat and serve.
OmeletteWhisk 2 eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper and your favorite cheese if you like cheese.
Heat a small frying pan, melt a little butter in the pan and spread it out. Pour in eggs, cook on medium until golden brown. Flip.
Top with cheese, chopped ham, mushrooms, green onions, whatever you like. Fold in half, serve and eat.
Omelette MuffinsPreheat oven to 350.
- favorite toppings (i.e. mushrooms, bacon, sausage, spinach, ham, etc etc etc)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of your favorite cheese
- 11 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
InstructionsSpray muffin tin(s) generously with cooking spray. Place toppings in a muffin tin that holds 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins. Top with cheese.
Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Pour over toppings.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, less for mini (start with 10). Make sure they are completely baked.